Mechatronics Engineering is a blend of Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering,Computer-aided Engineering, Control Engineering and Systems Design Engineering in order to design and manufacture valuable products and services. Mechatronics Engineering is becoming an increasingly important discipline in today’s digital society. Consumers and society have benefited tremendously from these new intelligent products that include: the latest mobile phones with mechatronic features, self-drive automobiles, intelligent robotic vacuum cleaners, industrial machines and intelligent wheelchairs. Working in this type of engineering discipline can bring an immense sense of fulfilment. Therefore, the vision of the department is to raise well-rounded engineers able to exercise leadership, initiative, personal responsibility and decision-making in complex and unpredictable situations. That is, our vision is to raise future Engineers with skills and competences to tackle real life situations locally and globally and contribute to the solutions of engineering problems in the industries.
The mission of the Mechatronic Engineering programme is to educate the next generation of engineering leaders, to create new knowledge, and to serve society. We strive to attract the gifted and most talented people in the world: to innovate, and to see the unseen. Our mission extends to, making effective learning a pleasant experience through experiential and research oriented approach to delivery and learning by providing cutting edge facilities and equipment. We also support and encourage the faculty, and staff to specialize in diverse disciplines of Mechatronics engineering through training and research for teaching and mentoring both in and out of the lecture room. Employability, Entrepreneurship and Pursuit of Advanced Degree are fundamental elements of our mission. The curriculum is well designed in order to prepare students for employment by showing and teaching them the usage of world
latest technology in the industries. As such, our graduates can be employed in various fields such as:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Internet of Things
- Robotics engineering
- Control system design/troubleshooting engineering
- Electronics design engineering
- Mechanical design engineering
- Data sciences/big data analysis
- Instrumentation engineering
- Software engineering.
In addition, our students are prepared to pursue advanced degree in any related engineering field by educating them in the fundamental concepts, knowledge, and laboratory techniques and skills of the engineering practise.
The programme’s core values capture our ethos: well-grounded staffs and knowledge transfer partnerships with the industry. Our core values are reflected in our mission and vision to develop what we call; our ABCIP model.
We act and are guided by our ABCIP model.
• Ambitious: for our institution, staff and students as well as supporting the ambitions of our partners.
• Bold: Confident and challenging about what we do, and supportive of appropriate and managed risk in our decision-making.
• Collaborative: Working together, internally and externally, with integrity and in a transparent, respectful manner.
• Innovative: Encouraging creative thinking and new ideas towards applying impactful knowledge.
• People-oriented: Committed to our staff and students, providing opportunities and investing in their development.