To be a centre of excellence in technical entrepreneurship, vocational and employability skills development in Africa.
To provide technical entrepreneurship education for creativity, innovation and self-employment in response to needs and changing dynamics of the industries.
What we do
- Entrepreneurship Education
- Entrepreneurship/Business Development
- Corporate Training and Retreat
- Financial Education
- Organisational development
- Social research
- Industrial extension/business support services
- Rural Development
- Technical Skill Development
- Youth Empowerment and Contract Recruitment
- Waste-to-Wealth Capacity Building
- Retirement and Pension Training
- Cooperative Training and Development
- Recruitment Service
In line with the vision and mission of TVET, the objectives of the Centre are to:
- foster the culture of entrepreneurship and self-employment;
- expose students to post graduation career options and opportunities inherent in their disciplines;
- equip students to start, manage and grow successful enterprises;
- provide education and technical support for the creation of new ventures;
- promote, support and facilitate job creation;
- enhance the employability prospects of undergraduates;
- foster creativity and innovation among undergraduates;
- discover, nurture and promote entrepreneurial talents among undergraduates of the First Technical University;
- facilitate university-industry linkages for the development of entrepreneurial capacity among undergraduates;
- facilitate international networks for entrepreneurial capacity building for staff and students of entrepreneurship programme of the First Technical University;
- promote primary industries through research and programmes aimed at encouraging the exploitation and utilization of local resources; and
- promote the development of adaptable technology.
Recent Relevant Assignments Undertaken
- Training of 150 unemployed youths in technical, vocational and entrepreneurial skills in partnership with Honourable Abimbola Adekanmbi, the Honourable Commissioner for Finance and Budget, Oyo State held between 18th and 28th February, 2019.
- Training of 70 unemployed youths in partnership with Living Faith Church a.k.a. Winners Chapel, Bashorun Ibadan, February, 2019.
- Facilitating the establishment of Tech-U Students Innovation Clubs
- Facilitating the creation of Entrepreneurship problem solving companies by Tech-U Students
- Entrepreneurship Boot Camp for undergraduates in partnership with Campus Lab and British Council, December, 2018
- Technical Skill Proficiency Certification training programme for vocational instructors, March, 2019
- Entrepreneurship and Technical Skill Development Programme for Tech-U Students, December 2017 and December 2018 respectively.
- Training of NYSC Members across the Southwest geopolitical zone in technical and vocational skill for self-reliance (On-going)
- Two weeks intensive technical, vocational and entrepreneurship capacity building for undergraduates for self-reliance and enhanced employability (Upcoming, scheduled for 13th – 27th May, 2019)