To evolve a broad strategy for human resource development that encompasses educational, cultural, social and political development such that graduates can possess the unique cyber security ability to protect digital assets, guard critical infrastructure, and business ecosystem amongst others.
To build capacity and develop human capital in the field of cyber security, and to safeguard business transactions as well as corporate assets nationally and globally. In other words, the cyber security programme is to equip graduates with the knowledge and skills required to protect people, computers, networks, programs, data and other critical infrastructure from attack, damage or unauthorised access.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- provide graduates with broad and balanced foundational knowledge of cyber security;
- equip graduates with the capacity to analyse cyber security threats and risks for organizations;
- develop graduates on basic skills that would enable them to detect and prevent cyber-fraud;
- equip graduates with the capacity to develop detective codes and supportive software agents to address cyber security threats;
- equip graduates with digital forensic science techniques for the detection of cybercrimes;
- equip graduates with knowledge of cryptography for privacy of information on computer systems;
- prepare graduates for the purpose of self-employment and job placement in government and industries; and
- develop graduates for professional practice and commitment to lifelong learning.
The focus of Cyber Security programme is to equip students with the knowledge, understanding and skills to gather, analyse, develop and present evidence gained from computer systems, in a professional way, to understand the impact of cybercrime and events upon business and the public and to be able to identify and implement specific security practices, features and techniques to enhance the security of computer and computer based systems.