To be eligible for the award of B.Eng. Electrical & Electronic Engineering, the candidate must satisfy the under listed conditions;
- approved University requirements of ten units of special electives, in addition students are required to earn two trades, French language with immersion and one other Nigerian Language;
- approved Faculty of Engineering and Technology requirements with respect to work-load, registration for courses, and programme duration;
- Departmental requirements, by satisfactorily completing the compulsory courses together with the minimum number of units of the restricted and free elective courses;
**Candidates are also required to learn two trades, French language with immersion and one other Nigerian Language. *FRE = French Language Acquisition; *EVS = Entrepreneurial and Vocational Studies; GST = Any one Nigerian Language, TVET = Technical Vocational & Entrepreneurship Training.
However, the “Certification Courses” are not considered in the computation of Class of Degree in the programme.
Free Electives: Maximum of 4 units can be used in the computation of GPA.
- A student who failed a restricted elective may change such elective for another one, but his/her grade in the failed elective would count in the evaluation of GPA.
- A student who registered for and failed a free elective may substitute it with another one, but his/her grade in the failed elective would be used to compute his/her GPA. Although, the passed free elective may be used to boost the GPA, it is not a necessary requirement for graduation.
- Students are required to offer and pass at least 243 units while direct entry students are to offer courses from 200 level (Part II) of the programme and will require at least pass mark in 196 units to graduate.