PHILOSOPHY OF BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING.
To provide excellence in knowledge acquisition, management and usage of health diagnostic and therapeutic tools; explore the frontiers of technology and provide solutions to various problems in Biomedical Science and Engineering; provide intuitively relevant scientific and innovative focus on application of engineering principles, methodologies and techniques to the medical fields, and, combine the design and problem solving skills of engineering with medical and biological sciences to improve overall healthcare diagnosis and treatment.
The general objectives of our undergraduate programme are to produce graduates that are resourceful, creative, knowledgeable and able to perform the following functions:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand what impact engineering solutions have in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in lifelong learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice in medical practices.