Department of Computer Science
The Department of Computer Science was established in 2017 as one of the foundation Department to contribute to The Technical University’s mission to produce self-reliant graduates imbued with requisite skills, competences and ability to be key players in the nation’s quest for socio-economic technological development. The B.Sc. Computer Science was one of the degree programmes (courses) that was approved by the NUC during the 2017 resource verification exercise carried out in June 2017.
The curriculum of the Computer Science emphasizes the art, science, engineering and technology of computing and information systems.The core of Computer Science courses provides a sound understanding of hardware, software and computer system applications. Student pursuing the Computer Science programme also acquire an in-depth knowledge of mathematics skills require for the formulation and solution of problems in Science and Applied Sciences with Computing Skills.
Aim and Objectives
The aim and objectives of Bachelors honors degree programme in Computer Science include but not limited to:
- Creating in students the awareness of and enthusiasm of computer science and its capabilities
- Providing a broad and balanced foundation in computer science knowledge and practical skills
- Developing in students through an education in computer science a range of transferable applicable skills of information technology to all aspects of human endeavors
- Involving the students in an intellectually stimulating and satisfying experience of learning and studying
- Generating in students an appreciation of the importance of computer in an industrial, economic, technological and social context
- Providing students with knowledge and skills in computer science or multi-disciplinary studies involving computer science.