PHILOSOPHY OF THE DEGREE PROGRAMMES
The B.Sc. degree programmes in Mathematical Sciences are designed to provide students with the basic foundation, broad and sound mathematical knowledge and practical skills as demonstrated in well packaged courses oriented towards national development.
PHILOSOPHY, AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE DEGREE PROGRAMME
- To instill in students a sense of enthusiasm for Mathematical Sciences, an appreciation of its application in different areas and to involve them in an intellectually stimulating and satisfying experience of learning and studying.
- To provide students with a broad and balanced foundation in knowledge and practical skills in Mathematical Sciences to solve emerging challenges in private and public sectors.
- To develop in students the ability to apply their knowledge and skills to the solution of theoretical and practical problems in Mathematical Sciences.
- To develop in students, through an education in Mathematical Sciences, a range of transferable skills of value in mathematical related and non-mathematical related employment.
- To provide students with sufficient knowledge and skills base from which they can proceed to further studies in specialized areas of Mathematical science or multi-disciplinary areas involving Mathematical Sciences.
- To generate in students an appreciation of the importance of Mathematical Science in an industrial, economic, environmental and social context.