Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Registrar, First Technical University, Ibadan.
CONDITION OF SERVICE
The appointment is for a single tenure of five (5) years, renewable for one year subject to satisfactory performance as may be determined by the Governing Council of First Technical University, Ibadan.
THE POSITION AND DUTIES OF THE REGISTRAR
The University Registrar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University, who is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University except in financial matters which fall within the purview of the Bursar. The Registrar is also the Secretary to the Governing Council, Senate, Convocation, Congregation and other statutory bodies as defined by the University Laws. He/ She shall also perform all other duties assigned to him/her by the Council and/or the Vice-Chancellor from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate must possess a good University Honours degree (minimum of second class Lower Division, plus NYSC Discharge Certificate or evidence of Exemption) and a Master’s degree. He/She must have at least fifteen (15) years post qualification experience. He/She must currently be a Deputy Registrar or a Principal Assistant Registrar for at least three (3) years in a State/Federal University.
The person who will be Registrar must not only be a goal-getter but must also be able to show drive, exceptional initiative, and ability for institutional networking with the outside world and must have a suave mien that typifies a 21st Century world class University.
In addition, the ideal candidate shall be:
- Less than 60 years of age by 1st January, 2020
- A person of impeccable integrity and transparency in private and public life
- A person with ability to relate excellently with staff, students and the general public and command the loyalty and respect of people;
- A person with an articulate vision for the development of the University in general and the Registry in particular, combined with a strong passion to implement the vision;
- Highly conversant with the intricacies and peculiarities of a State/Federal University system operating on a Public/ Private Partnership Model.
- Must be able to effectively utilize the University’s human resources to attain a world class administrative system.
- Of good physical and mental health, with pleasant social dispositions;
- Up-to-date in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) skills.
- A person of strong character, sound leadership skills and ability to instill confidence and engender trust in his/her members of staff;
- Devoid of any criminal record; and
- Able to demonstrate sagacity and wisdom in the management of industrial relations face and complex administrative situations.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates are required to submit twenty (25) copies of word-processed applications and up-to-date detailed Curriculum Vitae using the format below and names of three (3) referees to the Director, General Administration, First Technical University, Ibadan and marked ‘Confidential: for the attention of the Acting Registrar at the left hand top corner of the envelope to reach him not later than six (6) weeks from the date of publication. Late applications will NOT be entertained and only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters).
- Post Applied for.
- Date and place of birth (attach birth certificate/sworn affidavit).
- State of Origin, Senatorial District and Local Government Area.
- Permanent Home Address.
- Current Postal Address/including mobile telephone number and e-mail address.
- Marital Status
- Number of Children and their Ages.
- Educational Institutions Attended with dates.
- Academic/Professional qualifications and distinctions obtained with dates (attach copies of credentials)
- Work Experience with dates.
- Present Employment, Status, Salary (if any).
- Service to national and international bodies.
- Extra-Curricular Activities.
- Any physical challenge
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees who must have been closely associated with candidate’s academic/work experience.
- Signature and Date
Each application should also include twenty-five (25) copies of the candidate’s Vision for the University which should not exceed one thousand (1000) words. Each of the three referee must be contacted by the applicant to forward, directly to the Director, General Administration, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial competencies in a sealed envelope marked “Post of Registrar” Referee’s report” at the top left corner of the envelope within the period allowed for the submission of the application.
Applicants are also expected to log on to www.tech-u.edu.ng/vacancy to complete the online application and print out the completed form. The printed online application form, along with the hard copies of the application document, is to be submitted under confidential cover within six (6) weeks from the date of the advertisement and addressed to: The Director, General Administration, km 15, Ibadan-Lagos Expressway, PMB 5015, First Technical University, Ibadan.
Murtala o. Agbaje
Director, general administration