To utilize and take advantage of the rate of technological advancement for the development of a nation which depends to a great extent on the size, quality, motivation and orientation of its science and engineering personnel. It is clear that the computer is playing a major role in technological advancement of any nation especially in this present age and thus the quality and quantity of electronic and computer scientists are of significance importance to the society.
Computer Science programme aims to provide the bachelor honour degree programme in computer science graduates with the skills and knowledge to take on appropriate professional positions relating to computer science filed upon graduation and grow into leadership positions or pursue research or graduate studies in the field. In other words, Computer Science programme provides the education and variety of expertise necessary to succeed within high technology environments in industry, society and the academia, and for software and hardware design, manufacture and maintenance. This exposures will prepare Computer Science graduates for the selection, creation, application, integration, administration and maintenance of computing technologies in organizations and societies.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- Create in students the awareness of and enthusiasm for computer science and its capabilities.
- Involve the students in an intellectually stimulating and satisfying experience of learning and studying
- Provide a broad and balanced foundation in computer science knowledge and practical skills.
- Develop in students through an education in computer science a range of transferable applicable skills of information technology to all aspects of human endeavours.
- Generate in students an appreciation of the importance of computer in an industrial, economic, technological and social context.
- Provide students with knowledge and skills base for further studies in computer science or multi-disciplinary studies involving computer science.
The focus of computer Science programme is to equip students with necessary skills in specific areas to better position them for successful careers. In today’s professional world, computing and computational problem solving skills are ubiquitously in demand in a host of advanced technology and scientific applications. These skills will prepare students for jobs in industry, business or government.