The B.Sc. degree programme in Mathematical Sciences is designed to provide students with the basic foundation, broad and sound mathematical knowledge and practical skills as demonstrated in well packaged courses oriented towards national development.
- To instill in students a sense of enthusiasm for mathematics, an appreciation of its application in different areas and to involve them in an intellectually stimulating and satisfying experience of leaning and studying.
- To provide students a broad and balanced foundation in mathematics knowledge and practical skills in statistics and computer science.
- To develop in student, the ability to apply their mathematics knowledge and skills to the solution of theoretical and practical problems in mathematics
- To develop in students, through an education in mathematics, a range of transferable skills of value in mathematical related and non- mathematical related employment.
- To provide students with knowledge and skills base from which they can proceed to further studies in specialized areas of mathematics or multi-disciplinary areas involving mathematics.
- To generate in students an appreciation of the importance of mathematics in an industrial, economic, environmental and social context.