The B.Sc. degree programme in Statistics is designed to produce properly trained and highly competent graduate of statistics that will effectively facilitate the development of a sustainable and competitive modern economy that guarantees a very high standard of living and quality of life for its citizens.
- To produce graduates with comprehensive knowledge of modern statistical methods of data collection and analysis.
- To promote and develop critical thinking in graduates to be able to design, execute and analyse survey and experimental studies.
- To develop the skill of graduates in handling statistical packages and latest tools of analysis.
- To generate in students an appreciation of the importance of Statistics in industrial planning, economic planning, environmental and social planning.
- To provide students with knowledge and skills- base from which they can proceed to further studies in specialized areas of Statistics or multi-disciplinary areas involving Statistics.
- To build graduates proficiency in statistical report writing and prepare graduates for advanced studies in statistics at higher levels.